Please check the list below for career opportunities in the manufacturing industry. If you are a manufacturer and want to list an opening, please click here.
Location: Paducah Company: Jackson Purchase Energy Corporation (JPEC)
JPEC seeks a vice president of finance and accounting to join our senior staff.
He/she will lead, direct, and supervise the following:
- accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, plant accounting, cash management, general ledger, inventory, and compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and accounting standards
- finance functions including rate design, cost of service studies, load forecasts, financial forecasts, operating budgets, capital budgets, short- and long-term financing, and compliance with lender covenants and state and federal regulatory requirements
- billing functions including rate review, billing, collections, and deposits
- projects executed by finance and accounting consultants
The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance from an accredited college or university. A Master’s of Business Administration degree, a Certified Public Accountant credential, or a Certified Management Accountant credential is strongly preferred. Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing the financial and accounting affairs of an entity with revenues of at least $25 million and three to five years of experience in supervising employees and outlining and monitoring the work of consultants is strongly preferred. Experience working for an electric utility is strongly preferred.
Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must be able to sit for an extended period of time. Lifts, on average, 10 pounds while occasionally lifting, on average, 25 pounds. Must carry out instructions, meet work schedules, and exchange work information as necessary to expedite workflow. Must operate a computer keyboard and mouse regularly.
Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interact with employees, members, and general public. Must recognize matters of confidential nature and keep them confidential. Must work non-standard hours when necessary including evenings, weekends, holidays, and during emergencies. Must travel overnight and participate in designated training programs. Must maintain good attendance and punctuality record. Successful candidate must live within a 30-minute drive to JPEC.
JPEC offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Applications will only be accepted via the job posting at www.indeed.com. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
No applications will be accepted after 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 11, 2017.
Location: Frankfort | Company: Kentucky Association of Manufacturers
The Executive Director will lead KAM in achieving its mission of advocating for manufacturers in Kentucky.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will create strategies and execute actions to improve the manufacturing environment including regulatory actions, energy availability and workforce development. This position requires excellent relationship building, strategic planning and ability to carry out projects to move the interests of the Association forward.
Successful candidate will have a strong understanding of manufacturers and their critical needs, the ability to communicate those needs and influencing skills to advocate for those needs. A strong interest in the legislative and educational support needed for manufacturing in Kentucky is required.
Home base is at the KAM office in Frankfort, KY. Extensive in-state travel is required, with some evening and weekend events.
Please submit all resumés to email@example.com.
Location: Louisville | Company: American Printing House for the Blind
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, this position directs all quality control activities related to development and manufacturing of products sold through APH. The position will assist in establishing ISO standards and will drive system wide quality improvement in the following departments at APH: Production, Research, Technology Research, Customer Relations, and Accessible Textbooks and Tests.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for improvement of all quality documentation, especially production-related work instructions.
2. Works with suppliers to improve incoming material quality and documentation.
3. Conducts internal quality audits to enhance and improve organizational effectiveness.
4. Ensures that products and services provided by APH meet external and internal quality standards. Familiar with auditing techniques (examining, questioning, evaluating, and reporting).
5. Works with departments to develop standards and procedures for quality, production, productivity, and customer relations. Monitors and examines each stage of production and service delivery. Uses metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and improve quality practices.
6. Understands application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, ensuring that all testing is performed to the highest standards.
7. Maintains control plans and other documentation; distributes written Quality Assurance results to appropriate parties.
8. Monitors all inspection and testing equipment to ensure current and valid calibration and accuracy.
9. Coordinates Quality Assurance efforts around child safety and CPSC guidelines.
10. Coordinates activities of Repair Technicians and Customer Relations personnel.
11. Trains /mentors subordinate quality personnel as needed.
12. Manages customer interfacing and supplier interfacing on quality issues for assigned responsibilities.
13. Manages sample submissions for new product or engineering changes.
14. Leads problem solving activities for internal and external concerns relating to assigned responsibilities.
15. Develops, implements and maintains data collection and metric systems to ensure effectiveness of quality systems.
16. Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
17. Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through appropriate channels and verifies implementation.
18. Controls further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected. Has the authority to veto shipping any product that does not meet standards.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably with authority to define, execute, and/or control projects/processes along with responsibility for their outcome.
2. Familiar with ISO 9001 minimum.
3. Good analytical and problem solving skills including Root Cause Analysis, Fish Bone diagrams, 5 Why, 8D.
4. Proficient in verbal and written communications.
5. Proven leadership skills.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Orientation toward problem solving and clear communication.
8. Ability to work well with others across all management levels, both within and outside the company.
9. Demonstrate competency in metrology, blueprint reading, statistical techniques and color/appearance measurement.
10. Understanding of quality control processes.
11. Experience in supervising others.
12. Knowledge of child safety and CPSC guidelines.
13. Strong math skills with an understanding of statistics and statistical analysis of data.
14. Experience in electronics preferred.
15. Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business, or a science-related field.
The successful candidate will be required to learn the rudiments of Braille and the standard dimensions of Braille.
APH IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. An offer of employment is conditioned upon successfully passing a drug screening test. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
Location: Covington | Company: Indy Honeycomb
The responsibilities for this position include, assembling/welding honeycomb product while meeting production and quality goals. Additional responsibilities include preparing honeycomb for final inspection, reworking honeycomb, and running honeycomb machines in regular production as needed. Applicant will distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable workmanship standards and work with leadership to improve the production process as necessary.
• Able to work safely and identify an unsafe situation
• Able to maintain very high quality standards
• Committed to getting the job completed on time every time
• Work with some supervision and maintain personal goals
• Able to demonstrate good vision (correctable to 20/20)
• Understand and practically demonstrate basic math skills
• Able to work overtime when necessary
• Able to demonstrate a sense of urgency
• Able to concentrate on task at hand and not be distracted
• Understand tolerances
• Be able to learn to use all measuring devices
(i.e. tape measure, rulers, depth gauges, scales, and calipers)
• Be able to yield 0% rejection rate on panels produced
• Mechanically inclined
• Understand and demonstrate basic resistance welding
• Must have a basic understanding of geometry concepts
• Learn to convert decimals to fractions & fractions to decimal
Due to the standards of work in the aerospace and transportation industries, pre-employment drug screening is mandatory and random drug and alcohol screenings are done on a regular basis.
Please click the button below to visit the website and fill out our online application under the careers tab. Our website is full of information on who we are and what we do. It will be a good source of information for an applicant.
Location: Lexington | Company: CLARK Material Handling Company
CLARK Material Handling Company, a global leader in the forklift material handling industry is seeking qualified candidates to fill their open Assembler position on first shift in their Lexington, KY Facility.
The assembler will perform a variety of assembling operations as needed to complete the manufacturing of products. Will also be required to do sub assembly of various parts to meet quality specifications.
• Identify & retrieve parts necessary for assembly.
• Responsible for assembly, sub assembly and modification of parts to build material handling equipment.
• Receive and understand detailed instructions concerning the assembling of parts. Such instruction may be conveyed verbally, through a job card, blue print, pick list, process sheet and by other means either verbal or written or other.
• Inspect forklifts, carts, burden carriers or various material handling equipment to ensure appropriate installation and operation of assigned stations. Responsible to correct or repair.
• Duties will include assembling, troubleshooting, and inspection, testing, and safely operating a forklift.
• Assemble parts onto the frame of the material handling equipment, forklift, cart or burden carrier; such as batteries, windshields, steer cylinder, oil filter, motor, steer axles, brakes, seats, counterweights, brackets, Cal plates, side panels, uprights, wheels, overhead guards, and LBR’s. Also wire control panels, set diagnostic gauge, and fill sump tanks.
• Build position and install subassemblies onto frame. Subassemblies include but are not limited to brakes, drive unit, steering, pump motors, power steering, handles, plates, harnesses, battery cables and receptacle ends. Requires concentrated effort on small details and the use of hand tools to perform wiring and assembly tasks. Use other equipment to assemble parts including power and air tools, torque wrench, air gun, clamp, hoists etc.
• Fill truck with required fluids.
• Must perform all duties within production schedule and in accordance with engineering, quality and production standards.
• High school education or equivalent
• Good mechanical aptitude is a must.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs of assembly components, with the ability to maneuver a lifting device for components over 50 pounds (i.e. tires) up to 100 times per day.
• Must be able to torque up to 500 lbs of pressure using manual and or electric torque wrench required upper and extremity strength.
• Reach around into and under areas of truck to adjust, assemble bolts & components etc.
• Assemble of components require repetitive twisting motion of wrist and lower arm.
• Position could require working overtime
• Must be authorized to work indefinitely in the US
Clark Material Handling Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.