GE Appliances Leads in Connectivity for Real LifeKAM
Imagine a world in which you can use your voice to tell your dryer to continue tumbling. Your oven to help you become a better, more confident cook. And, your dishwasher pods can reorder themselves. Thanks to GE Appliances and its partners, we are living in a world where those and many more innovations are part of our reality.
GE Appliances is the first manufacturer offering a full suite of connected appliances, made possible through numerous strategic partnerships with fellow leading connected home brands, including Amazon, Google, Nest and more. Through WiFi and app connectivity spanning laundry to refrigerators to wall ovens and more, GE Appliances has made it easier than ever to start cycles, set timers and get cooking from anywhere.
“For us, it’s about bringing industry-first technologies to life that make everyday household tasks easier,” said Shawn Stover, GM – Cross Product, Parts and Connected Home, GE Appliances. “We’ve forged strong relationships with numerous other connected leaders to make it happen. And with more than 100 connected models, we have the largest suite of connected appliances with the features owners want, need and will use in their daily routines.”
Just a few examples of the innovations and industry firsts from the leaders at GE Appliances and its partnerships with smart home leaders include:
- The first connected appliances brand to debut Amazon Alexa voice control skills for a broad range of appliances.
- Integration with Google Assistant across the entire GE Appliances suite of connected appliances, for simple and easy voice control.
- Collaboration with Nest Protect, for real-time alerts sent to your smartphone from GE Appliances if your oven detects smoke, enhancing total home safety.
- Amazon Dash Replenishment with connected laundry and connected dishwashers for easy replenishment of detergent, fabric softener and more.
- The first appliance manufacturer to have its entire appliance suite on the IFTTT “If This Then That” platform.
- Partnership with smart kitchen company Drop to bring new recipe intelligence to GE Appliances’ connected ovens.
- Launching in early 2018, industry-exclusive wall oven cooking algorithms driven by connected technology to help optimize heat and airflow for the desired results, every time.
“The potential for the connected home is enormous. By connecting appliances and other elements of the home, we can help make people’s lives easier, more convenient and less stressful,” Stover said. “We’re always looking for new ways to partner with leading edge companies as owner wants and needs evolve. The possibilities are endless. And we’ll be first to deliver on those possibilities to keep offering ‘good things, for life.'”
For more information on GE Appliances’ connected leadership, visit www.geappliances.com/connect.
About GE Appliances WiFi-Connected Technology
GE Appliances, a Haier company, a leader in WiFi-connected appliance technology, makes owners’ lives easier while improving their daily routines. With its connected suite of GE Appliances, owners can monitor and maintain their home from virtually anywhere. From the kitchen to the laundry room, connected products work with Amazon Alexa, Dash Replenishment, Nest Labs, Drop, IFTTT and now Google Assistant-allowing owners to stay on top of their appliances from near or far using their voice or a mobile device. Connected appliances also are updated remotely with new capabilities and can assess their own performance, allowing for unparalleled service. To learn more, visit http://www.geappliances.com/ge/connected-appliances/.