Louisville, KY (October 28, 2016) The Kentucky Association of Manufacturers (KAM) announced the winners of its 16th annual Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards at their Awards Luncheon this afternoon at the Seelbach Hilton in Louisville.
Ferm Solutions and Wilderness Trail Distillery won in the Small Business Category; LINAK U.S. won in the Mid-Size Business Category; and Domtar Hawesville Mill won in the Large Business Category. Each was selected based on the following criteria:
- Innovative and entrepreneurial leadership with regard to products, production method, or services;
- Recognized leadership in making a key contribution to the quality of life in the Commonwealth and the community; and
- Active involvement in organizations that advance industry and manufacturing.
Tami Hatfield, Ford Motor Company, was selected as the 2016 Employee of the Year. Nominees were judged on four criteria:
- Innovation, Teamwork, Community Service and Leadership.
The independent 2016 Awards Selection Committee consisted of:
- Rich Cleary (Committee Chair), Member – Frost Brown Todd LLC, Louisville
- Dr. Paul Schreffler, Vice Chancellor for Economic Development and Workforce Solutions – Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Versailles
- Steve Kerrick, Partner – Mountjoy Chilton Medley, LLP, Louisville
- Ray Leathers, President & CEO – Roll Forming Corporation, Shelbyville
- Becky Naugle, State Director – Kentucky Small Business Development Center, Lexington
- Gary Stewart, Retired CPA, Louisville
- Tim Whitaker, Environmental Compliance Manager – Ashland, Inc., Calvert City
- Wade Williams, VP Manufacturing, Business Retention & Expansion – Northern Kentucky Tri-ED, Covington.