New Partnership Announced Aimed at Strengthening the Health of Manufacturing Employees in KentuckyKAM
KentuckyOne Workplace Care, a program of KentuckyOne Health, has recently partnered with the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers (KAM) to better address the health needs of its manufacturing employees, increase productivity, and reduce healthcare costs.
KentuckyOne Workplace Care is a comprehensive occupational health program that offers access to a wide range of preventive treatment and wellness services. This includes directing care to the correct provider at the right time, enhancing productivity, increasing employee engagement, effective spending, and integrating with health plan benefits and workers’ compensation management.
Through this new partnership with KAM, KentuckyOne Workplace Care aims to reach more manufacturing employees and improve their health outcomes. The Kentucky Association of Manufacturers is made up of more than 300 member companies, and is dedicated to promoting a climate in which businesses can prosper on a local, national, and global scale.
“This partnership between KentuckyOne Workplace Care and KAM will help promote a healthy and productive workforce,” said Shirley Kron, regional director, KentuckyOne Health Workplace Care. “We design convenient, results-oriented solutions tailored to improve employee well-being and optimize savings.”
Greg Higdon, President & CEO of KAM, said “We are excited about this partnership! Our manufacturers want to help their employees maintain and improve their health, as well as save money on injuries and lost time in the manufacturing process. This is one way to help ensure that happens. We look forward to the benefits that will derive from this collaboration.”
KentuckyOne Workplace Care offers services to more than 2,500 local and regional businesses, including Brown-Forman, the Louisville-based wine and spirits manufacturer; Laurel Grocery Company, a family-owned wholesaler in London; and Packaging Unlimited, a full-service packaging company with nine facilities in five cities throughout Kentucky and North Carolina.
In 2014, 40 employees with Brown-Foreman Cooperage, where barrels are handcrafted for the aging spirits, took part in a pilot program to address high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. The 12-week program, led by KentuckyOne Health and supported by staff from the YMCA of Greater Louisville and University of Louisville Pediatrics, offered employees educational lectures and discussions, along with personal coaching sessions. Fifteen of the employees met their weight loss goals, and many spouses and employees got involved in the healthy lifestyle habits.
In 2014, KentuckyOne Workplace Care opened a Connected Care Clinic and launched an incentive program with Laurel Grocery. As a result, data shows that the weekly health expense per employee decreased. Since then, there have been more than 2,700 visits to the clinic, and 20 employees quit using tobacco products.
Packaging Unlimited now has a KentuckyOne Health nurse practitioner onsite at its Louisville locations four hours each week, monitoring chronic health conditions, diagnosing and treating acute illnesses, and educating patients. Employees have visited the nurse practitioner more than 250 times, and on average, there has been a 50-point drop in blood pressure for employees.
KentuckyOne Workplace Care offers a variety of services including:
- Care management – customized programs to improve health and reduce total cost of care
- On-site health services – primary care providers at employer worksites with pharmacy capabilities
- Anywhere Care – 24/7 secure video chat or phone consultation with a board-certified provider who is available 24/7 with no appointment necessary
- Occupational medicine – returns injured employees back to work utilizing healthcare professionals uniquely trained in occupational health, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
- Biometric screenings – providing onsite biometrics with immediate results
- Wellness programming, incentive and benefit design – health and well-being programs that get employees engaged in their health and wellness
- Wellness portal and health risk assessments – use a virtual wellness platform as a single “hub” for incorporating health content, coaching, programs and incentive tools
- Diabetes and nutrition care – a high touch, high tech approach and virtual platform to provide education and skills to those with diabetes or nutrition needs
For more information on KentuckyOne Workplace Care, contact 1-844-573-8942.
About KentuckyOne Health:
KentuckyOne Health, the largest and most comprehensive health system in the Commonwealth, has more than 200 locations including, hospitals, physician groups, clinics, primary care centers, specialty institutes and home health agencies in Kentucky and southern Indiana. KentuckyOne Health is dedicated to bringing wellness, healing and hope to all, including the underserved. The system is made up of the former Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s HealthCare and Saint Joseph Health System, along with the University of Louisville Hospital and James Graham Brown Cancer Center. KentuckyOne Health is proud of and strengthened by its Catholic, Jewish and academic heritages.