KAM’s mission is to createsupportprotect a manufacturing-friendly environment for the Commonwealth through advocacy; workforce development, education & training; and cost-saving benefits for members.
Who We Are
Since 1911, the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers (KAM) has served as the leading advocate for the manufacturing industry in the Commonwealth.
Manufacturing is the “economic engine” of Kentucky, representing over $33 billion in annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and more than 237,000 employees!
In Kentucky, Manufacturing = Careers!
KAM is a tax-exempt 501(c)(6) business association. For tax purposes, 100% of KAM membership dues or sponsorship payments should be treated as an ordinary business expense and not as a charitable contribution. KAM pays a proxy tax on lobbying expenses. Companies are allowed to deduct 100% of KAM membership dues or sponsorship payments as a business expense and need not prorate due to lobbying expenses.
- Only statewide business association focused solely on manufacturing
- Most effective and experienced advocacy team for manufacturers
- Up-to-the-minute legislative updates and alerts
Workforce Development, Education and Training
- Serves as a connector across the Commonwealth and beyond
- Serves as a clearinghouse for talent development solutions, working with educators, manufacturers and government partners to ensure a 21st century workforce for manufacturers in Kentucky
- Promotes training and seminars
Cost-Saving Benefits for Members
- Special rates on insurance services: health, property and casualty coverage
- Core expense reduction metrics and energy audits
- Save on uniform/textile provision, less-than-truckload shipping and office supplies
- Discounted marketing opportunities of member products and services through KAM seminars, e-communications and special events
- Issue-focused articles and information in the bi-monthly digital magazine, The Goods