The Kentucky Association of Manufacturers seeks a highly qualified professional with relevant experience and a track record of success for the position of Executive Director. Under the direction of the Board and its Chair, the Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer for KAM and provides executive oversight of day-to-day operations.
- Lead the organization in advocating for manufacturers in Kentucky.
- Oversee and support KAM’s key initiatives and sectors:
- Automotive, Chemical, Utilities, Plastics, Energy, Aerospace, Aluminum, Agriculture
- Workforce development
- Legislative advocacy
- Identify new ways to add value to the KAM membership and increase revenue.
- Engage the Board and Executive Committee in developing and implementing Association activities. Execute the Board’s direction and decisions.
- Motivate and manage staff to implement organization objectives while maintaining high morale and serving the interests of the Association.
- Work with Business and Member Development, conduct outreach to increase and maintain membership.
- Prepare budgets and manage within financial guidelines, demonstrate understanding of non-profit association revenue streams and work to improve finances.
- Ensure operations are maintained within the bylaws and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Create and maintain positive, open communication with members through electronic, written and in-person avenues.
- Create and maintain positive, open communication with political, business and community leaders to further the interests of the Association.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related area or equivalent experience
- Experience with and/or strong knowledge of the legislative process
- Excellent interpersonal/networking skills
- Successful experience in managing staff
- Experience in or knowledge of manufacturing
- Demonstrated commitment to the key initiatives of the Association
- Success with budgeting, profit/loss and financial management
- Knowledge or experience in fundraising and obtaining sponsorships
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Success with marketing and/or customer service; demonstrated creativity and openness to new ideas
Interested individuals are asked to submit a resume with cover letter to SearchCommittee@KAM.us.com.
Established in 1911, the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers is Kentucky’s most effective advocate for manufacturers. KAM’s mission is to create and protect a manufacturing-friendly environment in Kentucky. In addition to advocating, KAM educates, connects and provides cost-saving programs and products to members.