Manufacturing Day at the Capitol & Legislative Reception
Join KAM’s Government Affairs Team and manufacturing representatives from across Kentucky for a special day at the Capitol. We will speak with leadership from both the House and Senate in the morning, hear from top officials over lunch and attend General Assembly in the afternoon. The day will wrap up at the Lancaster with a reception with legislators and colleagues before Governor Bevin delivers his State of the Commonwealth address.
Tentative agenda is subject to change.
8:30 am – Group meets in the Capitol Annex (Room 125)
- 8:30 – 9:00 – Welcome, Agenda Overview, and Legislative Update
- Lee Lingo, Executive Director, KAM and KAM Advocacy Team
- 9:00 – 9:20 – Senate President Stivers
- 9:20 – 9:45 – House Majority Caucus Chair Miles
- 9:45 – 10:15 – Senate Majority Caucus Chair Adams
- 10:15 – 10:30 – House Speaker Pro Tem Meade
10:30 am – 11:30 am – Free time for legislative appointments and/or committee meetings
11:30 am – 12:00 pm – Gather and travel to Frankfort Country Club
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm – Lunch at the Frankfort Country Club
- Lunch Speaker – Josh Benton, Deputy Secretary, Workforce Development
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm – Return to Capitol for General Session in House and Senate Chambers
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm – Reception at The Lancaster with guests and legislators
Co-hosted by the Kentucky Association of Manufacturers, Kentucky Automobile Industry Association, Kentucky Aerospace Industry Consortium, and World Trade Center Kentucky.