KAM is excited to partner with Don Rheem to provide premier leadership training directly to our members in this online, one-time course. Don Rheem was KAM’s keynote speaker at our 2019 Manufacturing Summit, and his session was so popular we asked Don to join us again for this timely discussion.
As leaders, we care about the safety and wellbeing of all our team members as human beings. During these trying times, how do you ensure your employees feel safe, connected, and productive? How can you increase your relational leadership as you sustain your business continuity during this evolving COVID-19 situation?
Neuroscience can inform our actions to help employees get through times of isolation and anxiety.
Join Don Rheem, CEO of E3 Solutions, in this webinar to learn how leaders can provide meaningful support to their team as we all deal with social distancing.
Approved for SHRM Recertification Professional Development Credits.
Some of the questions to be addressed:
- What is the best way to stay connected with remote employees?
- How can I effectively build relationships while my team is remote?
- What shifts should I make in my management style as a result of the pandemic?
- My team is stressed out. What is the best way for me to help?
- Where does ‘irrational fear’ come from and how can managers help mitigate it for employees?
- How can neuroscience help employees cope with isolation and anxiety?
- How can I help employees feel safe even when there are factors outside of my control
- How can I be more empathetic?
- Are there resources that can support me as I strive to support my team?
- Why does it feel so much more exhausting to get things done?
- Can I expect the same level of effort from my team in these conditions as they accomplished before?