There’s a new excitement in manufacturing across the Commonwealth! Innovative technology and fresh ideas are pushing Kentucky’s number one economic driver to new levels of production and community engagement.
We are fresh off our first State of Manufacturing Conference, and the feedback has been great! We had innovative and reimagined topics presented by new and returning speakers, and the content hit on all cylinders.
We appreciate the companies whose generous sponsorships allowed us to produce a first-class conference. Without the Conference Workgroup, who put in many hours of discussion, suggestions, and fine-tuning to hone the breakouts to the most timely and necessary topics, the content would not have been as relevant and valuable.
We are working on uploading all of the breakouts and general session video/audio clips and will post them here as soon as they are ready. We’ll also have presentations and photos available for download as well, so check back later this week!
KAM appreciates all those who support Kentucky manufacturers, and we want the world to know, you can #makeithere in Kentucky!
MakerMinded – Opening Minds to Advanced Manufacturing
Government Procurement Cycle
How to Become Manufacturer of the Year
How to Become Manufacturing Employee of the Year
International Trade and Tariffs
Logistics – Weight Limits
NAFTAs Effect on Kentucky Manufacturing
Sustainable Manufacturing – Commonwealth Agri-Energy
Sustainable Manufacturing – Institute for Sustainable Manufacturing
Sustainable Manufacturing – Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050
Vivek Sarin, Executive Officer, Cabinet for Economic Development, gives a keynote address at KAM’s 2018 State of Manufacturing Conference.
Dr. Ryan Quarles, Commissioner, Department of Agriculture, gives a keynote address at KAM’s 2018 State of Manufacturing Conference.
Jacey Cavanagh, National Director, MakerMinded, awards students, teachers, and schools at KAM’s 2018 State of Manufacturing Conference.
Keith Smith, Senior Vice President of Public Affairs and Mobilization, National Association of Manufacturers, gives a keynote address at KAM’s 2018 State of Manufacturing Conference.
John Holiday, Executive Drirector and Jenna Lacy, Program Coordinator of the KY Office of Homeland Security present on surviving an Active Shooter/Agressor situation in the workplace.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Nominate a deserving Manufacturer and/or Employee of the Year to be recognized at the annual 2018 Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards – Friday, October 26, 2018 – at The Olmsted in Louisville, KY.
HOW TO NOMINATE A MANUFACTURER
Using the on-line nomination form (link below), write an essay of support about the company (your own company, if self-nominated) based on the following three criteria, in three distinct sections:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurial Leadership (50%) pertaining to products, production methods or services. Describe on-site production of innovative, award-winning, “world-class” products and/or services; safety programs, unique product designs and/or processes; recognized characteristics such as high-quality products, low defect rates, etc. Emphasis will be placed on Kentucky-driven innovations.
- Corporate Citizenship (30%) recognizing leadership in making a key contribution to the quality of life in the Commonwealth and/or your community; include the economic impact of the initiative. Describe and list the nominee’s “corporate citizenship” and monetary, in-kind or volunteer support efforts. Examples include charitable recipients such as schools, parks, family clinics and not-for-profit organizations.
- Advocacy (20%) as demonstrated by promoting the advancement of manufacturing and industry. List leadership roles held in local chambers of commerce, industry trade associations, political action committees, and other groups that advance manufacturing and industry in Kentucky and/or the United States. Include years of participation and leadership positions including committee and board appointments.
HOW TO NOMINATE AN EMPLOYEE
Using the on-line nomination form (link below), write an essay of support about the nominee (yourself, if self-nominated) based on the following four criteria, in four distinct sections:
- Innovation (25%) contributed by the nominee in the work place including new ideas and helpful suggestions. Include descriptions of suggestions leading to improved productivity, safety, or profitability, for example.
- Teamwork (25%) demonstrated by the nominee in eagerly participating in group or team projects, thinking of others and the needs of the enterprise before thinking of self. Using specific examples, describe the nominee’s impact on the workplace through teamwork.
- Community Service (25%) exhibited by the nominee by giving back to the greater community. Describe how, outside of work, the nominee engages in the community through volunteering for schools, sports teams, public service, or civic activities, for example. List all relevant activities, past and current.
- Leadership (25%) revealed by the nominee as a positive role model, demonstrating high integrity, ethical behavior, exceptional work habits, and a strong character. Give specific examples of the nominee’s impact and influence on fellow employees.
Click here to nominate a manufacturer (deadline is September 10, 2018).
Click here to nominate an employee (deadline is September 10, 2018).