Don’t miss KAM’s 2019 Excellence in Manufacturing Summit. On Tuesday, October 29 we will have our manufacturing conference as well as a tool and equipment show. Celebrate manufacturing by joining us for a reception in the evening. Wednesday, October 30 brings an automotive-centric forum and the the 19th annual Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards Luncheon.
More information coming soon!
19th Annual Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards Luncheon
The Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards were created to focus attention on the important contributions manufacturers and industry make to their employees, customers, and communities, and the impact of manufacturing employees in their communities. These awards showcase entrepreneurial spirit, community leadership, and policy contributions made by Kentucky manufacturers and their employees to enhance the sustainable, long-term prosperity of Kentucky. This extended luncheon event will be held on Wednesday, October 30 at Heritage Hall in Lexington
NOMINATIONS OPENING SOON!
Nominate a deserving Manufacturer and/or Employee of the Year to be recognized at the annual 2019 Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards – Wednesday, October 30, 2019 – at Heritage Hall in Lexington, KY.
HOW TO NOMINATE A MANUFACTURER
Using the on-line nomination form (link below), write an essay of support about the company (your own company, if self-nominated) based on the following three criteria, in three distinct sections:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurial Leadership (50%) pertaining to products, production methods or services. Describe on-site production of innovative, award-winning, “world-class” products and/or services; safety programs, unique product designs and/or processes; recognized characteristics such as high-quality products, low defect rates, etc. Emphasis will be placed on Kentucky-driven innovations.
- Corporate Citizenship (30%) recognizing leadership in making a key contribution to the quality of life in the Commonwealth and/or your community; include the economic impact of the initiative. Describe and list the nominee’s “corporate citizenship” and monetary, in-kind or volunteer support efforts. Examples include charitable recipients such as schools, parks, family clinics and not-for-profit organizations.
- Advocacy (20%) as demonstrated by promoting the advancement of manufacturing and industry. List leadership roles held in local chambers of commerce, industry trade associations, political action committees, and other groups that advance manufacturing and industry in Kentucky and/or the United States. Include years of participation and leadership positions including committee and board appointments.
HOW TO NOMINATE AN EMPLOYEE
Using the on-line nomination form (link below), write an essay of support about the nominee (yourself, if self-nominated) based on the following four criteria, in four distinct sections:
- Innovation (25%) contributed by the nominee in the work place including new ideas and helpful suggestions. Include descriptions of suggestions leading to improved productivity, safety, or profitability, for example.
- Teamwork (25%) demonstrated by the nominee in eagerly participating in group or team projects, thinking of others and the needs of the enterprise before thinking of self. Using specific examples, describe the nominee’s impact on the workplace through teamwork.
- Community Service (25%) exhibited by the nominee by giving back to the greater community. Describe how, outside of work, the nominee engages in the community through volunteering for schools, sports teams, public service, or civic activities, for example. List all relevant activities, past and current.
- Leadership (25%) revealed by the nominee as a positive role model, demonstrating high integrity, ethical behavior, exceptional work habits, and a strong character. Give specific examples of the nominee’s impact and influence on fellow employees.
Click here to nominate a manufacturer (deadline is September 10, 2019).
Click here to nominate an employee (deadline is September 10, 2019).